This Ugly House

This is a log of This Ugly House. We purchased a 100 year old home that has not been updated since 1978. The idea behind this blog is to chronicle the trials and triumphants of updating This Ugly House and showing what a true beauty it can really be.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Poo, Part 2


Well as you can see the city came out to dig up their side, so I went out in the rain to see what they could tell me. Well they had a camera and sent it into the poo line towards the house. So I got to see how bad it really was. Well folks this is where it gets interesting. You see the roots and grease and who knows what else I saw (an old rusted auger that broke off in the hole), well any way you get the idea, it had to be replaced. And if you can picture my face at this point in time. Yeah, well just be glad you didn't.
So they come out and give me a estimate and told me the worst case the middle and the best case scenario.
The guy was very nice and respectful, the whole crew was, they answered all my questions and didn't mind my nose in the way.
We had the middle case scenario, they didn't have to dig up our whole yard to run the pipe. They cleaned it out and put a 4 in pipe inside the old 6 in.. CLAY pipe. The Only problem they had is that the place where they wanted to connect it was rotted and they had to put a hole in our floor in the basement. Wonderful (I am thinking) so I call Ben and tell him what's going on. Anyway it wasn't to thick and he did a good job and they even cemented it back in for us.
and of course the outside you can see for yourself.

So that was this weeks adventure. We now have a new sewer system. All the way to the main. That should hopefully hold until after we are dead and gone.
Oh and by the way if you were wondering about the city's side. It was a whole lot worse then our side. Thank goodness the really bad part was on theie side.
So stay tuned for next weeks adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home